Monday

Here Goes...

So, I just turned 35 years old. I also just survived the holidays. If you are single, you know what I mean by that. All the looks from everyone, wishing for you to find your man. All the conversations, discussing how you could or should make it "poof" into existence.

Ya, if that doesn't make a person feel like a loser, I don't know what else does.

The thing is that it's all mostly harmless. Just people who love you that want you to have what they have...or what they hope they have. And mostly people for whom "normal" equates with "married". Thus, what you lack and what is abnormal evoke...pity.

Add in the fact that someday I actually would like to marry...and they all know it...

So...until that day when my Mr. Right comes...if he does...I refuse to live a pity-full life. I'm re-defining "normal"...and thriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment