Thursday

Make Peace with the Lonelies...

It's on those significant days...birthdays, holidays and the like...where we tend to feel the worst about our "singleness". Add to that the expectation that we "shouldn't" be alone...especially on days like this. Well...it's not so much about the day to be perfectly honest. No, it's about a fear.

Time to take the bull by the horns...

"Survive" a night alone...and find that you lived! Actually, find that you thrived!!!

I did this to myself when I first realized my desperate fear. I actually spent a New Year's Eve...ALONE! I was really anxious about it because it seemed so "unacceptable". But it was actually one of the most wonderful nights. I got stuff together for a spa night (including painting my toes). I made a great dinner. I rented a movie. I even got a journal for evaluating the previous year and making some goals for the new one, and I spent some time doing that.

Oh my gosh!!! It was such a "peace in my heart" night (and I wasn't even intoxicated...hehe). I really felt like I was being "re-aligned".

OK...but yes...it was hard at first. I really had to fight off the "you are alone" thoughts and feelings sometimes, but my goodness, when I did???...when I told myself the truth???...when I spent time taking care of myself???...it produced such peace.

So...if you haven't done so, DO IT! I dare you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment