Tuesday

Make a List and Check it Twice!!!

When I realized that I was only surviving life without my "him", I was horrified. Clearly, my heart was screaming that I was meant for more than a life of plodding...and hiding. So I made a list. Well, actually I had a real heart-to-heart with myself first, telling precious "me" that I was worth so much more. I even forgave myself and found some peace in that place.

And THEN I made my list. :)

If you've seen the movie "The Bucket List", you know where I'm going. Although my "Life List" is full of simple and complicated dreams. It's constantly evolving as I discover more and add those items. I have to tell you that it gives me such pleasure to cross something off...and such excitement when I find something else that I simply must do.

I think I'm up to 70 items, and I've crossed off over 20 to date. Here are some examples:

1) Learn more about Greek mythology
2) See a swan
3) Ride in a twin-engine airplane
4) Get a hot stone massage
5) Go to Sitka, Alaska
6) Smoke a cigar
7) Make Indian food
8) Get some artistic nude photos done
9) Jump in a fountain
10) Get a tattoo

It goes on and on...

I know it may seem trivial, but there's someone magical in each of us. Sometimes even the littlest thing helps her be invited to come out and play...and stay!!!...even when life isn't exactly how we'd planned. ESPECIALLY when life isn't what we'd planned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment