Thursday

Letting go of the Best Friend

And now for something...difficult...the boy who became the "best friend".

It just sort of happened because we both were in circumstances where we needed someone. So, we helped each other. It was full of bumps and mistakes. But...there were moments where I felt totally safe. Those moments invited me to open up...and if you are familiar with "girl" even remotely, I began to love him as my closest friend. Well, when he decided he wasn't interested in "more", this girl had to do something to save her extremely open heart. I had to because I want so much more than a seat on the sidelines of someone else's life...you know? I want a man who can be my best friend and so much more...

It's been very interesting...and heartbreaking. God has been so good to help me close the door of my heart more and more. It has taken a lot of time because it's something that doesn't feel natural...but it's been happening. Every now and then I discover another string connecting myself to him. One that I have to figure out how to snip...:( But, the seperation can and does happen.

And someday you breathe again...someday you laugh again...someday you dance again.

There's a verse that says, "Guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." It's so true!...It's our most valuable possession. So...from someone who has had to work very hard to recover it, take care of your precious heart. It's meant for someone who wants more...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment